Friday, January 18, 2013

Dolls that look like Audrey

Well, I am off today to Paris, for work, and as nice as that sounds, it's definitely work and it's cold in Paris, but still it's Paris, so I shouldn't complain too much.  My only problem is that the FR Webinar will be on Saturday and I will be there instead of here and working.  Also, I can now sympathize  with our European Doll collectors who have to make allowances for weird time zones when they plan things.  To be quite honest the middle of the afternoon is not bad it translates into 6pm start in Paris but I will still be working so I feel for myself. 

As a result i will do my best to find Wifi and get on the webinar but in the meantime, I thought that I would post a few pictures of the dolls that have already come out.  I actually loved both the Holly dolls and the Poppy dolls that represented Breakfast at Tiffany's and Sabrina, but Funny Face is one of my all time fave Fred and Audrey movies so I am super- excited for this launch, if indeed that is what they launch.

So I posed a few of my faves from both groupings quickly before I go.

Here are The Five and Ten, Mrs. Fairchild and Crazy about Tiffany's.....



I think that both collections brought something to the table.  There is certainly a certain sad look to the Holly dolls, but now look how good they turned out in the new friend of Poppy - Loni and Poppy always look good.  But I am just as pumped for the Vero face sculpt that will be coming in the Funny Face collection.  As well, the outfits are amazing and have great detail and I am expect nothing less in this unveiling. 

I was tempted for 2 seconds to bring Mrs. Fairchild along for the ride and try to pose her like in the movie, but I think that I will just imagine her there so I don't mess up her hair in my luggage.

Hopefully "see" many of you next Saturday, hopefully.

Vicky







4 comments:

  1. Nice to see these ladies. I’m also pumped for the new funny face collection. I hope you find a way to attend the Webinar next Saturday. I’ll be giving up a weekend in the country (where internet access is sketchy) to be home so I can attend - I can’t image the sacrifices those in Europe have to make.

    p.s. Enjoy your visit to Paris if you manage time away from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's actually snowing quite a bit here in Paris. I've never been here with snow.
      Still keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday.
      Vicky

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: Paris is a wonderful city. I travel frequently to Paris because it is close to my country by plane. The bad thing is that Paris is a very expensive city and always cold. The shops are amazing. I like the dolls that look like Audrey. This actress was very elegant. I liked her style. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta, I love Paris but I find it very damp, especially in the winter. Lots of snow when I got there but it all melted during the week. I too loved Audrey's style.
      Vicky

      Delete